Subject: Re: IPv6 on your business card?
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/01/2000 10:35:08
Hubert Feyrer writes:

> Aparently there are 20MB-CDs available, in business card format.
> I wonder if we should whack together a IPv6 ready system? :)
>
> (See http://www.onvox.de/visiten-cdr.htm, it's a german language ad for
> these CDRs)

Check out 'http://www.cdman.com' to see various shapes and sizes
that can be had.  Basically they make a normal CD, then cut it to
shape.  Presumably one could just pre-cut CDRs and have the same
effect.

I've considered doing something like this myself, but never really
had anything "cool" to put on the CD.  A bootable CD that loads
into X with a browser would be quite snazzy.  A free X terminal
on a business card. :-)  (I think the real CDs have 40MB capacity)

What would go into a "IPv6" ready system?  NetBSD/i386 with a
GENERIC kernel and 'base' distribution?  A IPv6 router with the
works, including IPv6 apache, etc?  Or perhaps a IPv6 DHCP server
with BIND or something? :-)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.