Subject: Re: My prayers have been heared!
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/17/1999 08:49:53
On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Finally, I've been convinced there IS a god:
> Adobe's making FrameMaker for Linux, free for download:
> http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/fmlinux.html
>
> I'm still downloading, any experiences so far? :)

This is from a misguided friend who uses linux and is big frame fan:

"   I installed the FrameMaker beta version.  It starts to run, then
core dumps.  The readme file mentioned that it was tested on
RedHat 6.1; perhaps I need to upgrade the OS...

   ... of course, I suppose I could be more eager to do this.  Also
in the FrameMaker readme file, under the category of "Known Bugs",
was something along the lines of: navigational keys don't work
(i.e. Pg Up, Pg Dn, Home, End, arrow keys).  Hmmm.  You think those
might be important for some word processing software?"

-Dan