Subject: Re: Why run NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/11/1999 13:55:44
On Fri Dec 10 1999 at 20:37:08 -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:

>  > >    * Installation from floppy, CD, disk, tape, NFS, FTP, ...
>  >
>  > The FreeBSD install used to only require one floppy, the rest could be done
>  > over a dial-up connection.  Now FreeBSD requires two floppies, but it will
>  > still work over a dial-up or plain serial connection.
>
> Does it still require just one floppy?  Or does it require the CD-ROM now?

Last I tried FreeBSD required three floppies, although I'm not sure were
all actually used. NetBSD(/i386) requiring only one floppy is a huge win
at least for me. I can't seem to locate two working floppies in the same
city there days.

--
  "Never underestimate the power of the Lite side of the \Source/"
 Antti Kantee   /       NetBSD        \  1973 <- draken   \    / o