Subject: Re: Which OS would YOU choose?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/08/1999 23:10:28
On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 08:59:27PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <wxvh68n7l9.fsf@suburbia.net>, Julian Assange writes:
> >seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
> >> people will be a bit less happy to use NetBSD - and the goal is to get them
> >> using it, no?
> >No. The goal is to get them to writing it.
> I thought the goal of writing it was just to make it available to be used...

The two are inseperable. Few programmers want to write code that will never
be used, and even fewer programmers were not just 'users' at some point.

I was a sysadmin/user since the early '80s, but I never had access to
sources to make any changes to. Now I'm working on porting NetBSD to
m88ks. Go fig.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods