Subject: slavish adherence to license ideologies
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/08/1999 16:59:03
Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org> writes:

> Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>  wrote:
>  > Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org> writes:
>  >
>  > > publicize what their products were based on.  Not for reasons of 'distrust'
>  > > so much as "it's no ones business what the inside of our product looks
>  > > like".
>  >
>  > What did these people contribute back to the project?
>
> dunno. what's your point?

Blinkered faith in the benefits of the BSD license are misplaced, and
equate to little more than ideological claptrap. I'd like to see us
spending a whole lot less time going without real features due to
vacuous idiology.  Every second that is spent on reinventing wheel
is not spent on first time design of the rest of the car.

Julian