Subject: Re: [Frank da Cruz : Re: Kermit and
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Frank da Cruz <fdc@watsun.cc.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/26/1999 16:30:06
seebs@plethora.net writes:
> Frank da Cruz writes:
> >This is progress.  But I'm a little unsure of how to phrase this idea.  How
> >does one refer to the Open Source Initiative?  As far as I can tell, it
> >doesn't have any legal or official standing, just an email address, an .org
> >website, and an Open Source Definition that seems to change a lot.
>
> Well, there's a trademarked term, but... ;-)

No, it's not trademarked -- the trademark application was denied.  If it was
trademarked, then I'd feel more confident about it, since the definition would
be nailed down.  That was the original intention of the authors -- the prevent
the term Open Source from being hijacked.  What prevents it now?

- Frank