Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4 on PIII 66Mhz/64bit system
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@solidum.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/24/1999 20:53:00
Michael Richardson writes:

[...]
>   We also have some Alteon (netgear) Gigabit ethernet cards that can be put
> in the machine. No driver for any *BSD afaik. The motherboard has Ultra2
> SCSI on it, but I don't have any drives, so I disabled it in the
> BIOS. AIC7891 with 3960 Ultra2->Narrow behind it.

Uhmm, the NetGEAR should be supported by the 'ti' driver, which is a port
of the FreeBSD driver.

I would appreciate hearing how the 'ti' driver performs with the GA620
NetGEAR NIC.  I've been considering buying a couple for myself, but have
no idea how they will perform under NetBSD.

In particular I think it would be cool to put one in my Alpha PC164 64BIT
PCI slot and  compare it against an x86 box. :)

Anyway, if you have opportunity to test between a couple of NetBSD machines
that would be quite cool.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.