Subject: Re: See NetBSD in Action (well, not yet ;)
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/16/1999 11:53:17
Hubert Feyrer writes:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	Sounds like a good idea - is anyone interesting it putting
> > 	together such a site?
>
> I think if everyone puts up a screenshot and mail the URL here, together
> with some description, we could do it, no? Let's make a "cool desktop"
> competition. The winners are getting mentioned on www.netbsd.org 8-)

Cool ideas actually.  My only concern is propagating the idea that if
my NetBSD machine is running KDE/GNOME/MickeyMouse it is NetBSD in action! :)

How about _actual_ machines also, showing big VAXen in action, overmuscled
Alpha servers, etc?  I would like to see a snapshot of a VAX 11/780 running
NetBSD/vax.

Hey, and speaking of contests, how about "The most ports in one picture"
contest?  (or some variation)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.