Subject: Re: Daemon News Daily Site
To: Daniel C. Sobral <dcs@newsguy.com>
From: Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/19/1999 11:16:47
On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Ethan Bakshy wrote:
> >
> > > Well, there are some things I can think of that would be appropriate for a
> > > BSD specific news site that wouldn't make it onto Slashdot.  For instance,
> > > I think it would be cool if development anouncements like
> > > feature/code/ports freezes were published there.  I just can't see /.
> > > posting that sort of thing.
> >
> > But /. really /should/. They sort of do that stuff for Linux. Why not BSD.
>
> It begs the question, then: does anyone submit this stuff to them?

Usually someone submits release announcements and the like - but there's
no reason we can't be more vocal - e.g. just about anything which goes
over -announce is material, as well as beta freezes, major new features
added to -current, etc. This also of course applies to the other two camps
with the appropriately translated terminology :-)

Of course, it's no guarantee that it will all get published, but
statistically at least some of it has to :) The more articles we get on /.
the more mindshare we get from that crowd - I've definitely noticed the
message threads becoming a lot more positive towards BSD in recent months.
This is very encouraging.

Kris