Subject: Re: NetBSD T-Shirt Idea.
To: Ethan Bakshy <ethan@enteract.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/12/1999 14:42:02
Ethan Bakshy <ethan@enteract.com>  wrote:
 > I understand that we're sort of lacking in T-Shirts, but with all
 > these new geek-wear online stores popping up, I think it may be a
 > good idea to get one of them to print them for us, and even deal
 > with the orders and such. Copyleft will make significant contributions
 > to the organization the shirt is for, and I know that thinkgeek
 > seems to be very pro-BSD, but doesn't have any shirts yet.

I spoke with Copyleft and they even did some artwork.  I had requested
some minor modifications to the artwork and they never got back to me. A
couple of months later, I ping'ed them again and they again didn't return
my mail so I decided that CopyLeft was a no-op.   I even offered to sell
them at a booth at Usenix.

 > as the people at ThinkGeek/Copyleft), and the lack of BSD shirts,
 > we can finally get some shirts made.  -- ethan

There have been shirts made and sold at Usenix.