Subject: Re: www.securityfocus.com runs NetBSD?
To: Christofer C. Bell <cbell@inetdb.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/10/1999 00:43:28
On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 04:50:04PM -0500, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Bill Squier wrote:
> > > www.freebsd.org:	NetBSD 1.3.x
> > That's pretty damning evidence.
> www.openbsd.org:	Solaris 2.x

> I think that queso needs to be tweaked a bit (unless, of course,
> www.openbsd.org -is- running Solaris.)
AFAIK OpenBSD is really running on a Solaris server (as virtual host).

But Queso always was very inaccurate. I really don't know why anybody
is still using it - maybe because it pushes Linux numbers? (IOS runs
with Queso so I give a damm on their statistics.)

For real OS detection use mmap. At least mmap will never give you
so completly wrong answers (e.g. Cisco for NetBSD >1.3I).
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.