Subject: Re: Free Canadian hosting of NetBSD International with strong crypto.
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/07/1999 12:16:58
On Tue, Jul 06, 1999 at 05:01:28PM +0000, Alicia da Conceicao wrote:
> Okay, so there may be some hesitation by Americans to export to Canada.
> Then why not let me set up a machine with a NetBSD mirror.  I simply
> use a bot to log in to an American server, and copy the files onto a
> Canadian server.  That way, only I am the one doing the exporting.
> And since I don't care about stupid US laws, my company and I am more
> than willing to accept the consequences.  Would that be acceptable to
> all?

There's no way to stop you doing this. But I'm not sure this is needed
at all, NetBSD officially has an international server for crypto code
(located in finland), which is being populated.
In any case NetBSD can't support such initiative, and it could have very bad
concequences not only for you, but for the NetBSD project as well.