Subject: Section 9 (was Re: Good press at Apple...)
To: None <cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/24/1999 11:19:10
cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu writes:
> Ah, so we need to convert Kirk into a NetBSD person. [#-)
> Seriously, we do need to produce something like the black bible (and its
> sucessor, "Design of 4.4BSD") geared towards NetBSD.  Yes, its a moving
> target, but so are FreeBSD and Linux, and books are being written about
> them as well.

The biggest help here would be people writing section 9 man pages. The
more of the kernel we document this way, the easier it will be for
people to get up to speed on kernel work. Huge chunks of the kernel
are totally undocumented at this point. Contributions of kernel docs
would be a huge help.

Perry