Subject: Re: "Marketing" page preview...
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/13/1999 16:10:13
>> NetBSD does not come with everything needed for most applications.
>>
>  Is it really necessary to say this?

I agree with that...  if we are going to "play" marketing, we should do what
marketing people and either avoid negative sounding comments or find a way to
word things so it sounds positive.  Just the word *NOT* in that phrase stirs
up negative connotations... and then when you throw in "everything" and
"most" I think you wind up giving it a feel like its "not everything for
most" phrase... and I don't think *any* marketing guy would want to do
that...

Keep it positive...  how about:

NetBSD provides a small, stable base OS capable of supporting most
applications.  Using the "packages" system the user can easily install only
the applications they need, keeping disk space usage to a minimum.

Pete Hufnagel
CaptnZilog@aol.com