Subject: Re: thompson interview
To: Louis Bertrand <louis@signalpath.on.ca>
From: Steven J. Dovich <dovich@lethe.tiac.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/05/1999 11:18:25
> > http://computer.org/computer/thompson.htm
> >
> >           Unix and Beyond: An Interview with Ken Thompson
>
> Who'd like to volunteer to write up a little review/introduction
> for the Daemon News BSD-news page (2-3 lines or 2-3 paragraphs)?

Let's try to manage distribution a bit. The posted article is a
verbatim transcript of the article from the current issue of IEEE
Computer (and is copyrighted). The IEEE website cited above is
marked with a copyright statement on the master page which claims
copyright protection for the entire site and all contents unless
otherwise noted (and I saw no notice of release for the above
referenced page).

Linking to the IEEE site is likely to be OK, posting the URL is
likely to be OK, further transcription of the article without
permission is unlikely to be OK. The last thing *BSD needs is a
black eye over intellectual property issues.

/sjd