Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4 CD (was Re: [jkh@zippy.cdrom.com: FreeBSD 3.2 to be given to attendees of USENIX Technical Conference])
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/03/1999 10:08:06
On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 06:36:57PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Totally agreed. In fact, I encourage Herb and whomever else to build
> exportable only CDs. Even people with slow modems can download the
> domestic set they need in minutes -- it is tiny, and generally useless
> anyway.

I've never really picked apart what's different... Is there a description
of what's in there? From what I can see from looking in /usr/src/domestic,
our domestic sources include... Kerberos.

It makes sense to me to distribute a US-exportable NetBSD, if we lose nothing
but Kerberos.

How much of domestic could be thrown into pkgsrc with a "USA_RESIDENT"
dependency?

--
Mason Loring Bliss             (( "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  )) build  their nest  with fragments  dropped