Subject: Re: your mail
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/02/1999 19:13:17
On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 05:03:45PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> I just happen to think that a page can look perfectly nice as a GUI page
> and still be lynx/text friendly.  Dancing buttons may be cool in a "look
> at what I can do" sort of way but I have never found them to add anything
> to the value of the page.

For me, NetBSD is all about "look at what I can do".

Accomodating lynx is one thing, refusing to use certain html standard
abilities is another thing. For me, something like the mirror list
on www.php.net is very pretty + practical. It shows what can be done,
it allows navigation with fewer clicks, and it feels more like using
an interactive GUI than a static screen of text.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,