Subject: Re: your mail
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: D'Arcy" "J.M. <darcy@druid.druid.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/02/1999 06:45:21
Thus spake David Maxwell
> On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 06:25:51PM -0500, seebs@plethora.net wrote:
> > I fear "self-activating" anything.  I would love to see pop-up menus,
> > but they're form items, and you want them activated by a form submit button.
>
> Take a look at www.php.net. Those are some of the nicest buttons +
> popups I've seen, and I have yet to find a browser it doesn't work
> for.

Doesn't work in the two browsers I use.  I guess what you mean is that
it works in any GUI browser where javascript is enabled.  At least it
still works without javascript (although there are a lot of "[INLINE]"
lines in lynx.)  Let's be careful that we don't rely on anything like
this.  The NetBSD page is extremely lynx friendly.  Let's not lose that.

<STRAY THOUGHT>
Hmm.  If we go to a multiple disk install, could we include lynx so that
we can jump to the web page (once we had networking enabled) for detailed
help during setup?
</STRAY THOUGHT>