Subject: Re: Filthy hipsters are killing us.
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/22/1999 13:59:58
Well, I've been thinking along similar lines, myself.  Frankly, I
don't think that it would be terribly hard to be more "hip" or
whathaveyou than Linux.  I think it really is only a matter of
trying.  That is why I liked the "Never Mind..." slogan because it
was a bit more in the attitude space, but, unfortunately, it is a
bit dated.

Definitely, a more flashy presence does not have to be directly
connected to the NetBSD Project, which can keep its professional
image.

David Hopper wrote:

[ ... ]

>Perhaps, in the end, we need our own hipster-bebop-junkie advocacy site.  BaShDot.org,
>anyone?

bash, evokes gnu thoughts, though.

 == Roland Dowdeswell
 == http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/