Subject: Re: your mail
To: Dave Tyson <Dave.Tyson@liverpool.ac.uk>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/21/1999 02:06:22
Well, in the spirit of the logo discussions, I thought that it would be
a good idea to fire up the old GIMP.  So out came a logo.  I put it on
on the web server, in various sizes.

I think that we should actually come up with a number of logos, slogans,
etc.  Although www.NetBSD.ORG should only use one of them, and a professional
one at that, there is no reason why everyone else shouldn't have a few to
choose from...

So, to get the ball rolling, check out:

http://www.imrryr.org/NetBSD/logo/

I'll take submissions for additional entries on this page.  (It is a bit
lean with only one, but...)

Dave Tyson wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 seebs@plethora.net wrote:
>
>>In message <19990421111422N.kenn@itpjp.co.jp>, Ken Nakata writes:
>>>"NetBSD - hackers tested, mom approved"
>>
>>I rather like that one.
>>
>>My spouse is a big fan of "Never mind the bollocks, here's NetBSD", but I
>>think the supply of Sex Pistols fans in the network administration community
>>may not be large enough to make it truly viable.  ;-)
>>

>I definately approve of this
>
>or how about
>
>"I didn't get where I am today without using NetBSD"
>
>(with apologies to David Nobbs "The fall and rise of Reginald Perrin")
>
>Dave
>
>--
>Dave Tyson                      Phone: 0151-794-3731
>Computing Services Dept         Fax:   0151-794-3759
>The University of Liverpool     Email: dtyson@liv.ac.uk
>Chadwick Building               Web:   http://www.liv.ac.uk/~dtyson
>Peach Street                    Public Domain OS: see www.netbsd.org
>Liverpool  L69 7ZF