Subject: Re: NetBSD listed by Scilab page
To: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/24/1999 04:55:03
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 24 Feb 1999 10:55:10 -0000
  by thor.enteract.com with SMTP; 24 Feb 1999 10:55:03 -0000
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:55:03 -0600 (CST)
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
To: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
cc: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Eric Fox wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Bjoern Labitzke wrote:
> >
> > Is there a special logo for those pages to put on? Some standard format
> > that NetBSD would prefer? How should that link look like?
>
> Of course it would be nice if we could get them to use image such as
> http://www.NetBSD.org/images/logos/netbsd-button.gif, but I don't think it
> really matters.  The important thing is to get the links and, as a result,
> get the word out.

More importantly, where exactly should they link to? After all, most
webmasters know that it's bad form to link into arbitray pages on someone
else's site. My suggestion: post instructions on the package home page
(that would be
<http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html>, I think),
encouraging developers to link there for build instructions, to link into
the binaries browser for binary downloads, and also to check the links
there back to their own site.