Subject: Re: Community Issues ** LONG **
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/22/1999 14:11:12
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 22 Feb 1999 21:11:54 -0000
	by fox.phoenix.az.us (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id OAA15478;
	Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:11:13 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:11:12 -0700 (MST)
From: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
cc: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>, thorpej@nas.nasa.gov,
        netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Todd Vierling wrote:

> There was a discussion here about it some time ago.  Unfortunately, Sun
> didn't care much for NetBSD thanks to FreeBSD's name recognition--and they
> went about working on FreeBSD. What work they have done, I have no idea.
> However, I have strong suspicions that Eduardo will have NetBSD/sparc64 up
> to snuff sooner than they'll get FreeBSD to production quality.

If so, it should be generously offered to them [Sun] immediately.

  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \ mailto:eric@fox.phoenix.az.us
    \@/     "Of course it runs NetBSD."