Subject: Re: Community Issues ** LONG **
To: None <root@garbled.net>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/22/1999 11:09:09
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 22 Feb 1999 18:09:23 -0000
	by beer.org (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id LAA15086;
	Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:09:10 -0700 (MST)
To: root@garbled.net
Cc: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org, Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:09:09 -0700

Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>  wrote:

 > On 22-Feb-99 Herb Peyerl spoke unto us all:
 > #  This needs volunteers who will actually stick with it, be dedicated, and
 > #  form a real PR department.  I'm about sucked-dry as it is.
 >
 > Why not take the final step, and actually form a "PR department"?  Saying
 > "anyone can work on PR stuff" isn't quite the same as the pride of being an
 > official team member of some sorts.  Perhaps a NetBSD PR web page, with names
 > of people who are officialy active in setting things like this up.
 >
 > Having an offical departement gives those people a little bit more confidence
 > when dealing with others.  It would also give you (herb) a way to delegate some
 > of the PR opportunities you might see, but not have time to participate or
 > coordiante.

Because PR stuff is generally terribly time sensitive and one recurring
problem we have with volunteers is people claiming to volunteer to do
something and then not actually finding the time to do it and then timing
out after some number of months... This is a non-option for PR work. So
far there have been no volunteers.  But yeah, I'd like there to be a PR
department.

So Ding! I just made a PR department. Now what?