Subject: Re: tree access
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/26/1998 07:18:22
  by homeworld.redbacknetworks.com with SMTP; 26 Dec 1998 14:19:53 -0000
	by beer.org (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id HAA25462;
	Sat, 26 Dec 1998 07:18:23 -0700 (MST)
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
Cc: perry@piermont.com, netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 07:18:22 -0700

Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>  wrote:
 > Personally, if I was getting the cold shoulder from core about commit access
 > and much later found out that this was the rationale, but that no one could
 > be bothered to explain it to me, I'd be rather annoyed.

I checked my core archives and I don't see a request from you or a sponsor for
access to the tree.  I also have no outstanding requests for commit access for
anyone else.  Please don't presume that requests sent to core are given the
'cold shoulder'.  It is innappropriate for you to do so and at worst, quite
insulting.

 > One wonders if this does not begin to explain some of the past reports from
 > folks allegedly "spurned" by NetBSD.

One wonders if people fabricating scenarios and spouting them in public is
what causes others to be 'spurned by NetBSD'.