Subject: Re: BEZELS HELD HOSTAGE: DAY 5
To: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/21/1998 22:20:01
  by homeworld.redbacknetworks.com with SMTP; 21 Dec 1998 21:21:23 -0000
	by gnyf.t.dk (8.9.1/8.9.1) id WAA09554;
	Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:20:01 +0100 (CET)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:20:01 +0100
From: "Soren S. Jorvang" <soren@t.dk>
To: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG
Cc: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 01:05:45PM +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 December 1998 at  1:24:35 -0800, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> > Okay, four responses today:
> >
> > 	3
> > 	12
> > 	12
> > 	12
> >
> > So the new total is about 323.
> >
> > BTW before anyone else asks me this, I didn't actually volunteer to do the
> > ordering; Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk> had already talked about doing an
> > order, "although it isn't likely to happen before January."
>
> JOOI, where are you getting them from?  I've seen initiatives like
> this before in the FreeBSD group.  The prices can differ by an order
> of magnitude.

http://www.skomoe-skilte.dk/ - on the order of the equivalent of 50 cents
apiece for orders of 1000 units (2 or 3 colors excluding background color).

> > What I _am_ doing is trying to get the ball rolling and also find out what
> > quantity we should use when we get quotes from bezel makers. As far as I
> > know, we still do not have design artwork or the green light from Kirk for
> > the beastie.
>
> Has anybody asked Kirk?

Yes, he said it was okay to use the 4.4 daemon if is was in a BSD context,
but he still wanted money. I'll ask him again later, though.

--
Soren