Subject: Re: Something I noticed on the Yahoo site
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/09/1998 22:19:22
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 10 Dec 1998 05:19:37 -0000
	by beer.org (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id WAA22900;
	Wed, 9 Dec 1998 22:19:22 -0700 (MST)
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
Cc: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 22:19:22 -0700

Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>  wrote:
 > Out of curiosity, why wasn't there a NetBSD booth at LISA? While my
 > employers didn't want to shell out for full attendance for me, they
 > did send me to see the exhibits today, and I noted the presence of
 > both Walnut Creek and OpenBSD. I was disappointed by the lack of a
 > NetBSD booth. Have we had booths previous years? (This was my first
 > time attending, so I have no clue.)

There was a booth at the technical conference in New Orleans but there
wasn't one at LISA because:

	a) you didn't tell us you were volunteering to pay for booth
	space.  The booth for the technical conference was donated by
	Usenix.

	b) There was nothing to sell at the booth.

	c) Some of us have other lives and don't have the time or energy
	to do this all the time.

 > Anyway, I want to slap a NetBSD bumper sticker on my car. Has any progress
 > been made on the sticker-and-other-environment-killing-but-still-worthwhile
 > front? If I end up casting about in the near future to see about getting
 > some local shop to make up some bumper stickers, I'll make a note here.

The distinct lack of any action on the -advocacy list should be a hint
that people seem full of ideas but a little short on implementation.