Subject: Re: Advocacy through Useability?
To: Louis Glassy <glassy@cs.montana.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/27/1998 10:05:11
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 27 Oct 1998 18:05:24 -0000
	by ascetic.portal.ca (8.8.8/8.8.5) with SMTP id KAA05258;
	Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:05:11 -0800 (PST)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:05:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
To: Louis Glassy <glassy@cs.montana.edu>
cc: netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Louis Glassy wrote:

> Where it makes sense to, we start writing
> 't' sections and 'e' sections for man pages.  ('t' for
> tutorial, 'e' for examples).

Actually, this stuff doesn't really fit into `man' that well,
because the whole man system is designed as a complete reference,
not for reading or tutorials or anything else.

Sounds to me that what you want is something like the FreeBSD
handbook (see www.freebsd.org to get to it). Having the NetBSD
handbook would be a great bonus, I agree.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@portal.ca>  604-257-9400    De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
Any opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.