Subject: RE: Testimonials
To: 'netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG' <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Calvin Vette (IT- Borders Online) <>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/15/1998 12:27:05
  by with SMTP; 15 Oct 1998 16:31:18 -0000
	id <47W5H5V4>; Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:27:06 -0400
From: "Calvin Vette (IT- Borders Online)" <>
To: "'netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG'" <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
Cc: 'Curt Sampson' <>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:27:05 -0400

I think we'd be shooting ourselve in the foot to dis' Linux. Although it's
my least favorite of the three major free OSes, we've contributed a lot back
and forth with each other (all three camps). Their prosperity is ours, and

Im not saying that means we shouldn't compete with Linux, just not at their
expense. We all know NetBSD is the superior OS; that doesn't make Linux a
trashcan OS. There's too little space left in the trashcan by M$ OSes. And
HPUX. And OpenVMS. And Digital Unix. And...