Subject: ruthless CD organization.
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/13/1998 01:01:49
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 13 Oct 1998 08:02:46 -0000
	by shell17.ba.best.com (8.9.0/8.9.0/best.sh) id BAA05979
	for netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org; Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:01:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
To: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:01:49 -0700 (PDT)

One solution to the CD dilemma is to blatantly favor the most popular
platforms. For domestic CDs I expect this would be i386,sparc,mac68k.

There could be one CD for just those three with dist-sets, source, and as
many luxuries as will fit; and a second CD for the other ports with just
dist-sets and source plus pkgsrc. Assuming that really does fit, of course.

The idea here is that since orders for the first disc will be an order of
magnitude or more higher than orders for the second, we could adjust the
print runs accordingly.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com