Subject: Re: Export NetBSD CDs
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/12/1998 11:10:58
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 12 Oct 1998 09:13:33 -0000
	by antioche.lip6.fr (8.8.8/8.8.5) with ESMTP id LAA02660
	for <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>; Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:10:59 +0200 (MEST)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:10:58 +0200
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
To: netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Oct 11, Charles M. Hannum wrote

> FWIW, the hardware for the CVS server in Finland is now in place, and
> as soon as it gets rebooted, I will finish installing software on it.
>
> If you'd like to see `official' CD-ROMs outside North America, the
> thing for you to do is:
>
> * Help reintegrate crypto (crypt(3), bdes(1), Kerberos 5/Heimdal) into
>   the new cryptosrc tree.
>
> * Arrange to have CDs printed outside the U.S.  (Herb may be able to
>   do this, since he's in Canada.)
>
> This will allow us to provide the crypto to anyone in the world who
> can legally use it (i.e. outside of France).

About the crypto stuff: I've heard rumors about des56 being exportable from
U.S. Is this really true ? This would at last solve one problem.
I think des56 is usable in france ...