Subject: Re: Export NetBSD CDs
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/11/1998 18:36:51
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 11 Oct 1998 22:37:03 -0000
	by toad.rmkhome.com (8.8.8/8.8.7) id SAA19128;
	Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:36:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
To: markus@core.de (Markus Illenseer)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:36:51 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

Markus Illenseer said:

> I do not see any need for this kind of organisation. I only partially
>agree that selling "stuff" should kick back money. But this discussion
>was started on another issue.

Well, FreeBSD and Linux are getting some money. NetBSD might as well. :-)

> I do not get the idea of that web storefront. Who is creating the
>CD-ROM, is making, taking the risc, packaging and shipping it?
>Whoever wants to sell NetBSD-related stuff can do so, no? Hey,
>I sell stuffed daemons, if you want me doing so! :-)

I just figure that if someone wants to get the domestic version of
NetBSD on CDROM that they ought to be able to get "instant Gratification".

:-)

> Regarding Gateway! CD's http://www.schatztruhe.de/ is doing well
>already.

Indeed. I bought one. :-)

But I have to do a "make build" after I ftp the domestic tree.

> (My own domain "core.de" would fit better for a frontstore, no? :-)

You have done an excellent job.

> We already are, and I want it that way. I do not want to be part of the
>"Win95" under the UNICES. And FreeBSD is i386-only, a totally different
>target and market.

But availability is a nice thing.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@toad.rmkhome.com  rmk@rmkhome.com