Subject: Re: Export NetBSD CDs
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/11/1998 23:15:04
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 11 Oct 1998 21:15:09 -0000
	by beaver.core.de (8.8.8/8.8.8) id XAA18857;
	Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:15:04 +0200 (CEST)
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
To: rmk@toad.rmkhome.com (Rick Kelly)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:15:04 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org

> There needs to be an organization that sells NetBSD "stuff", and
> is also able to kick back money to the NetBSD Foundation for
> future development.

 I do not see any need for this kind of organisation. I only partially
agree that selling "stuff" should kick back money. But this discussion
was started on another issue.

> I'm willing to be the web storefront for such an endeavor. I have
> another domain, tencats.com, which is on a leased line and could
> easily support such a business. I would need help from those who know
> how to set up shopping cart, credit card acceptance and all that other
> boring stuff.

 I do not get the idea of that web storefront. Who is creating the
CD-ROM, is making, taking the risc, packaging and shipping it?
Whoever wants to sell NetBSD-related stuff can do so, no? Hey,
I sell stuffed daemons, if you want me doing so! :-)

 Regarding Gateway! CD's http://www.schatztruhe.de/ is doing well
already.

 (My own domain "core.de" would fit better for a frontstore, no? :-)

> It's all possible, and needs to be done, or we will continue to be
> the short guy standing behind FreeBSD and Linux.

 We already are, and I want it that way. I do not want to be part of the
"Win95" under the UNICES. And FreeBSD is i386-only, a totally different
target and market.

--
Markus Illenseer
NetBSD 1.3.2 CD-ROM "Gateway! Vol. 3" now shipping!  See:  http://core.de/