Subject: Re: Export NetBSD CDs
To: Marc Baudoin <babafou@babafou.eu.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/11/1998 16:41:14
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 11 Oct 1998 20:41:46 -0000
	by toad.rmkhome.com (8.8.8/8.8.7) id QAA18973;
	Sun, 11 Oct 1998 16:41:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
To: babafou@babafou.eu.org (Marc Baudoin)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 16:41:14 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: markus@core.de, dinsen@danbbs.dk, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

Marc Baudoin said:

>Of course I can't ask you on behalf of the NetBSD Foundation.
>What do the official NetBSD people think of this CD issue?

One thing for sure, we need a source of CDROM distributions that
can supply them on an ongoing basis. NetBSD can't be increased in
popularity by pressing small batches, and saying "SOLD OUT" and
"No, there won't be any more" when the batch runs out.

There needs to be an organization that sells NetBSD "stuff", and
is also able to kick back money to the NetBSD Foundation for
future development.

I'm willing to be the web storefront for such an endeavor. I have
another domain, tencats.com, which is on a leased line and could
easily support such a business. I would need help from those who know
how to set up shopping cart, credit card acceptance and all that other
boring stuff.

It's all possible, and needs to be done, or we will continue to be
the short guy standing behind FreeBSD and Linux.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@toad.rmkhome.com  rmk@rmkhome.com
            http://tencats.rmkhome.com/