Subject: Testimonials
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Fox <>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/01/1998 09:31:58
  by with SMTP; 1 Oct 1998 16:32:05 -0000
	by (8.8.8/8.8.8) id JAA01049
	for netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG; Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:31:58 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 09:31:58 -0700 (MST)
From: Eric Fox <>
To: netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

My father was placed in charge of setting up a free OS un*x server and his boss
ordered Linux because "the boss read an article indicating it was the fastest
growing of all versions."  In an effort to convice him/them to use NetBSD
instead, I scrambled through the mail-lists looking for testimonials.  Although
I found a few of them, they were rather difficult to find and obviously far
between.  I ended up pointing them to the list of commercial & non-commercial
sites when it dawned on me that we should solicit a testimonial from each
business, governmental, and organization on that list.  I belive this would add
quite a bit of weight when attempting to convince businesses or organizations
to use NetBSD rather than an alternative un*x.

  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \
    \@/     "Of course it runs NetBSD."