Subject: Logos...
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@www.fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/28/1998 00:43:43
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 28 Sep 1998 03:43:45 -0000
	via sendmail with stdio
	id <m0zNUDv-0005aGC@smtp.fundy.net>
	for netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org; Mon, 28 Sep 1998 00:43:43 -0300 (ADT)
	(Smail-3.2.0.101 1997-Dec-17 #4 built 1998-May-27)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 00:43:43 -0300
From: David Maxwell <david@www.fundy.ca>
To: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org

On Sun, Sep 27, 1998 at 08:56:51PM +0200, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

> > Obviously, he can only do this for art that he owns.  If we one day
> > manage to get custom art (e.g. the daemons on the web page), that
> > becomes a non-issue.

Hmm, so this free Unix project has a non-free logo?

How custom an image is required? I'm sure a daemon-like image would
be most easily accepted by the community... How different does it have
to be from the 'daemon classic'?

> True, but what I would like is very much something useful to
> and likeable by all *BSD (and to a lesser extent, n.mBSD) users.
>
> Of course, new artwork could do that as well; I would just
> prefer not to use something heavily NetBSD-specific such as
> a with a NetBSD logo on it.

Sorry, I can't parse around that typo. Do you mean not have NetBSD on
the 'mascot' but simply under/beside it? That's reasonable enough to
me.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,