Subject: Re: a non-original idea.
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/16/1998 17:21:16
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 17 Sep 1998 00:21:32 -0000
	by ascetic.portal.ca (8.8.8/8.8.5) with SMTP id RAA01426;
	Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:21:16 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:21:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
cc: netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> Okay... Here's my plan. I think a reasonable first phase of this operation
> would be to gather and discuss content. The next phase might include deciding
> how that content should be ordered and assigning people to generate the
> initial text, but we don't have to think about that yet.

I think having some documents like the Linux HOWTOs would be quite
useful. I've got a couple of tips at

    http://www.portal.ca/~cjs/computer/netbsd/

I currently have a good start on easy ways to set up a super-duper
web server type system (MySQL database, apache, PHP3, mod_perl);
I can probably do some more work on that sometime in the next few
weeks to make it useful to the novice. If anyone else wants to work
on this, contact me privately and I'll tell you what I've done and
where we need to go from here.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@portal.ca>  604-257-9400    De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
Any opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.