Subject: Re: a non-original idea.
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/16/1998 18:52:32
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 16 Sep 1998 22:52:51 -0000
	by acheron.middleboro.ma.us (8.8.8/8.8.8) id SAA21520;
	Wed, 16 Sep 1998 18:52:32 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 18:52:32 -0400
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
To: William Birch <tree@pcrd.net>, "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Cc: root@garbled.net, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Wed, Sep 16, 1998 at 06:00:26PM -0400, William Birch wrote:

>   how hard (read: expensive) would it be for us to write, layout,
>   and produce a book ourselves really be?

I think the important thing right now is generating content in a usable
form. I expect that we'll have numerous options once it comes time to
actually format and print the beast, and I expect that there are numerous
people out there that would be glad to help with advice. (ESR seems like
he might be a good resource, having experience as he does with the "New
Hacker's Dictionary" project...)

--
Mason Loring Bliss..mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us..acheron.dyn.ml.org/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments