Subject: Re: a non-original idea.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/16/1998 13:04:25
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 16 Sep 1998 20:04:37 -0000
	by ascetic.portal.ca (8.8.8/8.8.5) with SMTP id NAA26297;
	Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:04:26 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:04:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
cc: netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Herb Peyerl wrote:

> Then you can also organize install-parties... you get a bunch of people
> to show up with their random hardware, provide like an 8-port hub, bring
> a machine to act as an NFS server and possibly a boot-host, and install a
> bunch of NetBSD machines...

What would be really good for me in this situation would be a
`Linux-killer' CD-ROM. This would have the i386 distribution, source
code, pkgsrc, and a whole whack of precompiled packages on it.
Anything else that fits, that's fine, but it's more important to
have all the precompiled packages there than to have things like
the pmax port available.

I'd be happy to dup up a small whack of these (assuming I can find
someone to do them cheaply--I'm thinking like $2/CD) and start
slinging them around at the local Linux users group meetings.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates