Subject: Some ideas for advocacy
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/15/1998 12:58:48
  by homeworld.cygnus.com with SMTP; 15 Sep 1998 19:58:46 -0000
	by polaris.garbled.net (8.8.8/8.8.8) id MAA19545
	for netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG; Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:58:49 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:58:48 -0700 (MST)
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
To: netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG

Just some ideas I've been tossing around in my head for some pro-netbsd things
we could do..

GIMP Logo contests:
Every month The Gimp (www.gimp.org) runs a logo contest or some form of drawing
contest.  The idea here is, we've been bantering around about some nice new
logos for NetBSD, and various forms of artwork.  Perhaps we could talk to the
gimp.org people, make a "contest page" on our server, and get a link, or even
have them run the contest for us.  This could get us a) some notice from the
gimp user community, and b) a ton of free artwork for us to choose from.

Daemon Lager:
A long time ago..  ( I dont really know much about this other than the link on
our page) we did a run of "Daemon Lager" with some cool NetBSD graphics on the
bottles.  It might be cool as a promotional thing at "rallies" and conferences
to do something like that again.. maybe even sell them.. The only thing is..
I'm no printer, and I'm willing to bet a run of beer labels costs money..

TShirts:
Everybody loves T-Shirts..  We need artwork for one though..  Anyone with
clue in the printing industry speak up!

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html