Subject: Re: Mac IIfx
To: None <ScottBell@avalon.dash.com, macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher Prosser <cprosse@edlab.cs.umass.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/30/1996 05:10:55
I too wanted this for a while until I talked to a coworker about the iifx.
When Apple designed the IIfx they thought the future of computing was to
integrate lots of small processors to handle I/O and the like.  None of
these apple designed processors are documented.  Since they are
undocumented it makes it really hard to program them ;) so NetBSD would be
pretty hard to get working on the hardware.
        My solution was to find a person who had a MacII and traded it for
my IIfx since I really needed a machine that ran Un*x for free.
-Chris