Subject: Unimplemented Traps?! During Install!
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alfredo A Rodriguez <aar+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/02/1996 20:56:59
Help!
    I'm trying to install MacBSD 1.1 on a MacII. It has a NS based
Ethernet card, true color video board, and standard 800k floppy and
80meg HD. It seems like everytime I use the Installer to install the
packages... It gives me a dialog box saying "Unimplemented Trap" blah
blah blah... and My only option is to Restart. This happens less than a
minute after I try to install a distribution set. I've tried swapping
video cards with older cards that were typically shipped with MacII's,
but to no avail. I formatted my drive using the recommended APS Disk
Tools v2.7.3. Has anybody encountered this before? If so, please email
me with anything you know about this type of situation. BTW, I'm
installing MacBSD from an APS 540mb external HD to the internal 80. I
downloaded all the files using Fetch directly from ftp.netbsd.org. I'm
just trying to provide as much info I can. Thanks in advance for any
comments, advice, and/or solutions.

-Alfredo Rodriguez
Carnegie Mellon University