Subject: IIsi MacBSD Questions
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Rhoades <jrhoade@magicnet.net>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/21/1995 10:50:54
Hi,

I have a Mac IIsi and would like to install MacBSD, however there seems to
be conflicting information in various FAQ's and other info on whether or
not it works with a IIsi.  On one site it said that it could be installed,
but could only be controlled externally through a serial or tty connection.
So my first question is:  Can I install this on my IIsi and be able to
control it with my keyboard? or has that problem not been worked out yet?

My second question is I just have 5 meg RAM, I know that at least 8 is
recommended.... what problems will I specifically run into with only having
5?  (basically I want to install MacBSD to learn more about unix in general
and to test shell and c scripts).

The scripts that I am writing will be for web sites, will I be able to have
a tcp connection and run a small script with only 5 meg?

Thanks for your help!

Jim Rhoades
jrhoade@radzone.org

 Jim Rhoades