Subject: Re: Need help, trashed something powering down
To: Chris Smolinski <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/06/1995 22:55:22
> I've just started playing with MacBSD, and seem to have already messed
> something up! I tried to shutdown the system, but the shutdown command
> wouldn't work (it wasn't recognized)

That's odd...

> Can't open /dev/rs2da: Device not configured
> /dev/rs2da: CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM.

I assume you mean /dev/rsd2a, not /dev/rs2da.  Do you have a SCSI device
other than a disk between sd0 and sd2 (like a CD-ROM?), or was one of
your hard disks not powered up when you booted?  Take a look at the
device assignations during boot.  NetBSD prints out "sd2: ... " when
probing the bus, so you can double check to see which disk gets assigned
where.  If you are still stuck, drop me a line describing what NetBSD
prints while booting, and what you've got on the SCSI chain.

Allen Briggs - end killing - ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="">Guess.</a>