Subject: Need help, trashed something powering down
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Smolinski <cps@access.digex.net>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 09/06/1995 21:08:53
I've just started playing with MacBSD, and seem to have already messed
something up! I tried to shutdown the system, but the shutdown command
wouldn't work (it wasn't recognized). So, I had no choice other than
powering down the Mac (bad, I know). Now, when I boot into MacBSD, I get
the following message during boot:

Can't open /dev/rs2da: Device not configured
/dev/rs2da: CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM.
/dev/rs2da: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY

It then asks me to manually enter the pathname of the shell.

If I try to run fsck, it says:

Can't open /dev/rsd2a: Device not configured

As a MacBSD newbie, can someone help me out?

Thanks,

Chris

|Check out my WWW page at http://www.access.digex.net/~cps/ for scientific   |
|software for the Mac, Free Radio, Shortwave Radio, and Spy Numbers Stations |
|information.                                                                |
|Finger me (cps@access.digex.net) for my PGP Public Key                      |

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."
                       -Ben Franklin