Subject: Re: Various ramblings... / Re: Modem? / ...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: noud de brouwer <noud@knot.nl>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/29/1995 19:30:10
>        It could be the fact NetBSD uses tcp rfc1323 extensions by default.
>        (It should realy disable them on a low bandwith link anyway, but thats
>        another issue)
>
>        Try editing /sys/netinet/tcp_subr.c and change
>                tcp_do_rfc1323 = 1;
>                tcp_do_rfc1323 = 0;
>        I think should help.
>
>        There really ought to be a sysctl to control this!

ThanX, i'm expecting to FTP the new kernel late this evening and
already getting sys.tar.gz to learn to compile by my own.

sys.tar.gz has still 1Mb to go slow, meeting about KnoT.nl and
after that the test. O what will i be happy if that results in
a 600-300b/s throughput i.s.o. 60-30b/s and dropping...

I geared 3 months out of my planning, wondring how to solve that..

Will inform about result later this evening,
~n