Subject: Re: ADB devices
To: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@dgate.org>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/28/1995 22:40:26
> And then spake Russell D Albright as follows:
> > Has anyone had any success with non-apple mice?
> > Unfortunately, I have the logitech mouseman and I must
> > come up with another mouse. In particular, I was wondering
> > if anyone has tried any of the cheap single button mice that
> > are available mail order for $20-$30.
>
> Hrm. I just tried setting MouseKey to click, opt-left, opt-right and it
> seems like the settings go away at shutdown [i.e. BSD boot] time. Grrr.
> Something to look into later on, anyway...

That's because MouseMan driver for MacOS emulates those key sequence
by software.  It doesn't "program" the mouse to actually send the key
codes.

Take a look at my MacBSD ftp site at
ftp://remus.rutgers.edu/pub/NetBSD/test_kernels/.

There's only one kernel (rather old one) at the moment, but there's
also a diff for adb.c, adbsys.c and adbsysasm.s for Logitech mice
support.

My TrackMan's been working perfectly as a 3-button mouse, but I'd like
to know if it works with other people's systems configured differently
from mine.

kenn