Subject: Re: ZIP drives
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@dgate.org>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/28/1995 17:28:15
And then spake explorer@iastate.edu as follows:

> Is anyone else playing with one of these little buggers?
>
> If so, I'd like to discuss working on a removable media system of
> some sort so these drives can be used without root access.

The ZIP drive conventional wisdom ought to be made into a HOWTO.
Is Aaron out here somewhere? Although I'm not volunteering him
or anything, maybe he might be interested?

PS. (warning: clueless comment) Wouldn't adding yourself to group
operator help to access disks w/o rootliness? (or could you set it
up so that it worked?)

-Brian

--
Brian Gaeke, The Dimensional Gate Company    Internet E-Mail: <brg@dgate.org>
DGate.ORG system adminstrator / PGP 2.6.2 public key available via finger