Subject: Re: Modem?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/25/1995 16:26:00
And then spake Valtteri Vuorikoski as follows:
> You might get kermit,
> that supports hardware flow control and probably termios too, so you
> don't have to have DTE speed = DCE speed.

Unfortunately the Mac won't let you easily have ospeed <> ispeed.
There is only one baud rate generator on the 8530. I think (I'll
need to look at the hardware ref at home) that we might be able to
use an external data clock, but that would be the only way to get two
different speeds. :-(

At present, the current ser.c parameter setting routine complains if
ospeed<>ispeed.

----- from around line 740 or so.
        /* check requested parameters */
        if (ospeed < 0 || (t->c_ispeed && t->c_ispeed != t->c_ospeed)) {
                printf("ser: serparam() returning EINVAL\n");
                return (EINVAL);
        }
-----

Take care,