Subject: Re: Modem?
To: Ron Legere <legere@minerva.cis.yale.edu>
From: Mack Nagashima <mackn@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/25/1995 01:02:27
On Thu, 24 Aug 1995, Ron Legere wrote:

> The modem port is supposed to be /dev/tty00 correct?
> However, I cannot get the modems attention with
> cu -l /dev/tty00 -s 19200
> This is a supra fax modem 144LC, on a macIIsi, (yes its me!).
> I cannot type at or anything. I just give up with ~^Z.
> I am using the puma snapshot... thanks.

	Well..i have the basic set-up you do and i'm having no problems
with cu and slip/ppp... i'm using the netbsd.950508 kernel...
	BTW....is it just me or is there a problem with the 'login'
command with this kernel?  whenever i use 'login' it cuts me off...or
crahses the terminal...has anyone else experiences this?

-Mack