Subject: Re: Sorry.. more q's :)
To: Ronald Legere <legere@minerva.cis.yale.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/24/1995 21:39:03
>    Is there any documetation on the booter 1.6 ? I am wondering what the
> radio button that specifies that the kernal is on MacOS means..

I seem to remember reading something about this.  It means you can put
a kernel file in MacOS filesystem - The booter loads the kernel from
MacOS file instead of BSD file.

> also, I never changed the "name" of the partition, (I left it at
> what ever it was) (something like NetBSD/mac I think ) even though I
> thought it was named AUX root . However, it seems to work.  Is this
> name even used?

Dunno for sure... though I have experienced the case it didn't boot
when I carelessly changed the partition name in Option/Booting dialog.

kenn